Tuesday, January 21, 2014

194/365 - Cars

194/365 - Choco Cupcake for Dessert
Not a bad tasting cupcake.
I've been daydreaming a lot about cars as usual. But I realized most of my wish lists were a bit unrealistic. So I decided to scour the internet and find out five cars for under Php1 million that would also be good family cars. Here they are in order of preference.
  1. Toyota Avanza 1.5E A/T - The Toyota Avanza takes the top spot because it has the biggest size of the cars I chose. It can seat up to seven, or five adults comfortably with enough room in the rear for a lot of luggage or groceries. My biggest concern is fuel consumption. I read somewhere the Avanza gets around 6km/L in the city, which is basically what my current ride (2001 Toyota Rav4) is getting. I'd rather keep my Rav4 than replace it with an Avanza.
  2. Ford New Fiesta Hatchback 1.0L Sport+ PS - Yup. I've been curious about the EcoBoost engine for the longest time, and it's available on the Ford Fiesta. A 1.0L engine that has the performance of a 1.6L? I want to try it out. Despite the lack of size, I do think the Fiesta is a decent small family vehicle. Looks good, and as an added bonus I can actually upgrade the front disc brakes on it and use it as a mobile platform to advertise the product of the company I currently work for.
  3. Kia Rio Hatchback 1.4L A/T - On looks alone the Kia Rio takes the third spot. That's basically it. Same hatchback argument - decent family ride for a small size family. Plus the smaller displacement engine means I hopefully will have better fuel consumption than my Rav4. Did I say I think it looks nice? Yes, yes I did.
  4. Honda Jazz 1.3L A/T - Yes, not the top-of-the-line version. Why? I honestly don't know. My logic here is, do I really need all the power of a 1.5L engine when I usually drive in moderate to heavy traffic? Besides, the current 1.3L engine is now VTEC also. What I love about the Jazz is the practicality it has. You can configure the rear seats to carry almost any size cargo that can fit. It could be long, it could be tall. As long as you are patient, it can fit.
  5. Suzuki SX4 1.6L A/T - Surprise! Yes, I like the SX4. It looks nice, it has decent size, and it is, in my opinion, the second biggest ride in this list of mine. I could have gone for the Suzuki APV, but I just really don't like that car that much. I think it's too underpowered for such a big ride. Sorta like the Avanza, except I like the Avanza. So it's the SX4 in fifth place for me.
That's it. Five rides for under Php1 million that I wouldn't mind owning. Again, this list is subject to change depending on my mood and depending on what car comes out in the Philippine market.

Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking time out to leave a comment on my blog. :)