Friday, August 31, 2007
Saturday, August 18, 2007
I miss that beer. I'd only had one bottle years before and yet I really enjoyed the taste of the beer. Some people say it tastes slightly sweet. I say it tastes good. Better than San Mig Light or the classic San Miguel Pale Pilsen. It was that good. (Of course going up against Red Horse, Cerveza wins hands down... Except Red Horse has a certain charm and taste that is just so damn good.)
I didn't get any buzz from that one bottle. But later in the afternoon I downed two bottles of San Mig Light. Two. In less than thirty minutes. I got the buzz. And what a buzz.
No, I did not get drunk. Tipsy, most likely. But drunk? No. I still had full control of my mental faculties, and I could still hold my tongue. Reflexes were off but that was it. If I were to drive a car I'd most likely get into an accident. Fortunately driving was not in my plans.
Ah, the buzz. In Tagalog slang, "May amats na ako." But it was the right kind of "amats." It calmed me down. Cleared my thoughts and made me relax to the point that most of my major problems and/or worries of the day suddenly seemed less problematic.
Now the buzz is gone and I can face the shit I was so fucking afraid to face this afternoon. With a stiff upper lip.
Bring it on.
Friday, August 17, 2007
Take the Transformers Quiz
Got this off Third's blog. Here's the accompanying text...
Optimus Prime is the heroic leader of the Autobots. He is the personification of courage, strength, and integrity. His personal motto is that “Freedom is the right of all sentient beings.”
Like Optimus Prime, you are good by nature. But beware because mischievous thoughts sometimes tempt you. You are inspiring, confident, and a natural leader. The Autobots have chosen well. In addition, you use technology when you need to, but you do not embrace the latest trends.Dammit. Still haven't seen the movie. And I don't think I am a personification of courage, strength, and integrity. Whatever eh.
Monday, August 13, 2007
Your Score: 4- the Individualist
Thanks for taking the test !
you chose BY - your Enneagram type is FOUR (aka "The Romantic")
"I am unique"
Romantics have sensitive feelings and are warm and perceptive.
How to Get Along with Me
- Give me plenty of compliments. They mean a lot to me.
- Be a supportive friend or partner. Help me to learn to love and value myself.
- Respect me for my special gifts of intuition and vision.
- Though I don't always want to be cheered up when I'm feeling melancholy, I sometimes like to have someone lighten me up a little.
- Don't tell me I'm too sensitive or that I'm overreacting!
What I Like About Being a FOUR
- my ability to find meaning in life and to experience feeling at a deep level
- my ability to establish warm connections with people
- admiring what is noble, truthful, and beautiful in life
- my creativity, intuition, and sense of humor
- being unique and being seen as unique by others
- having aesthetic sensibilities
- being able to easily pick up the feelings of people around me
What's Hard About Being a FOUR
- experiencing dark moods of emptiness and despair
- feelings of self-hatred and shame; believing I don't deserve to be loved
- feeling guilty when I disappoint people
- feeling hurt or attacked when someone misundertands me
- expecting too much from myself and life
- fearing being abandoned
- obsessing over resentments
- longing for what I don't have
FOURs as Children Often
- have active imaginations: play creatively alone or organize playmates in original games
- are very sensitive
- feel that they don't fit in
- believe they are missing something that other people have
- attach themselves to idealized teachers, heroes, artists, etc.
- become antiauthoritarian or rebellious when criticized or not understood
- feel lonely or abandoned (perhaps as a result of a death or their parents' divorce)
- help their children become who they really are
- support their children's creativity and originality
- are good at helping their children get in touch with their feelings
- are sometimes overly critical or overly protective
- are usually very good with children if not too self-absorbed
Renee Baron & Elizabeth Wagele
You liked the test?
so S P R E A D I T ! tell everyone!!!
(use Quick-Paste below)
or do you prefer to
You are not completely happy with the result?!
You chose BY
Would you rather have chosen:
|Link: The Quick & Painless ENNEAGRAM Test written by felk on OkCupid Free Online Dating, home of the The Dating Persona Test|