While I do have basic tools, they are scattered everywhere. Yes I do have the standard flathead and philips screwdrivers. I also have a smaller set of screwdrivers (although one philips screwdriver is defective) and measuring tape. And I also have a 'hex key set' (more commonly known as allen wrenches?). But that's it.
Maybe it's time I got myself a toolbox. My father has a toolbox at home and it's really amazing because it does keep all the tools in one easily accessible place.
Well aside from the tools I have (screwdrivers, allen wrenches, tape measure) what else should I get? I think I need to get the following:
- Needlenose pliers. Nothing beats having a pair of pliers around the house, just to help with those things that need some extra grip. Or those hard to reach places that need that needlenose touch.
- Vice grip. For those items that needlenose pliers cannot handle, a vice grip would be the better solution. Plus it could be a good substitue for a wrench.
- Standard hammer and some small supply of nails.
- Sets of screws for the screwdrivers.
- Duct tape. Duct tape can fix anything.
- Electrical tape for those emergency wiring situations.
And that's it I guess. Simple tools for simple household problems.