Tuesday, December 03, 2013

145/365 - New Job, New Experiences

145/365 - Got to Use My Bag Again
Finally got to use my bag for work again.
So I started my new job today. It wasn't really anything that I expected, mainly because I really didn't know what to expect.

I think I said this before, but I left my previous career as a 3D artist and moved to a new career in the automotive industry. Since I have zero experience there, all my expectations basically were wrong.

So how was my first day? Very tiring. I was not prepared for the tons of manual labor we had to do, moving inventory around, moving around a lot to get to the stock room and back, and all the information I was learning during the day was a wee bit overwhelming.

To be honest, I feel great. I have a job again, my first day was very productive, and now I'm doing things my wife and I know I hate doing... Say again?

This new job has given me new experiences. I think it also will help me break out of my comfort zone. I've been spending too much of my life making choices that are comfortable for me. I think it's time I finally did some things I don't like doing, making new sacrifices that will eventually pay off - not only financially but also in my growth as a better person.

I really won't be giving any opinion about the job yet. It's too early for me to give an honest opinion. I will approach this new opportunity with an open mind. Hopefully greater things will happen.

Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking time out to leave a comment on my blog. :)