Tuesday, December 03, 2013

144/365 - Starting the Month with some Birthdays and Anxieties

144a/365 - Birthday Girl with her Daddy
Martina the birthday girl with her very proud and happy daddy.
144b/365 - Martina's Peppa Pig Red Velvet Cake
Martina's Peppa Pig themed red velvet cake.
December usually starts with a bang for me. There are three very important people who all celebrate their birthdays in the first week of December.

The bang gets even bigger this year since I'm finally starting my new job on December 3. After spending a little over two months unemployed, I finally found a job.

Not that the job was hard to find, since I knew the owner of the company I am joining. The reason why it took so long for me to take the job is pretty complicated, and something I'd not rather broadcast in the cyberworld for anyone to see.

So what am I doing up so damn early? Aside from the fact that my wife and I leave the house early to avoid traffic, I also woke up around 2am. It was probably because I was already asleep by 8pm last night, but also because of the new job.

I'm not really good at controlling my anxieties yet. A new job features new challenges, and my biggest challenge right now is parking space. Seems petty, yes? Indeed. The reasons why it bothers me are:
  1. My new office is above a car service center, so once the parking outside needs to be used by clients' cars, I'll have to move to the back roads and park along the street.
  2. It's a new area, I'm a bit unfamiliar with the streets and one-ways and side streets. Also, I'm unfamiliar with how safe it is to park along the streets. Makati is notorious for being towing cars parked along some streets and this sort of bothers me.
  3. The car I drive isn't mine. So if anything happens to it (knock on wood) I don't know what I'd do.
  4. Oh, and I suck at parallel parking. Because I try to avoid doing that like the plague.
One suggestion I'm thinking of doing is parking near my wife's office and commuting to my new office. The big problem here is that parking in Makati isn't cheap. Right now with what I'll be taking home, this will test my budget to the limits. I'll have to see what happens.

Then again, to be honest, I hope I'm over thinking things. Maybe once I get into the groove I'll look back and laugh at all these anxieties of mine.

I just wish I could find a way to fix the way I think.

Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking time out to leave a comment on my blog. :)