Sunday, November 17, 2013

Updated Top Five Family Cars

Here's the list from my previous entry: 1. Toyota Innova 2. Kia Sportage 3. Subaru XV 4. Land Rover Defender 90 5. Toyota Avanza.

C! Magazine's August 2013 (I think, not sure about the month) had an article comparing some SUVs. Long story shot, the Kia Sportage scored lowest, and the only high point it had was the looks. Fuel efficiency, space, handling, sports performance were all pretty low. I was very disappointed with this result. So I decided to update my list. Here's the newest list.

  1. Toyota Innova (Diesel, A/T) - Still at number 1. Practicality still takes top spot. The Innova has decent height, space, and size. It can seat more than five. It has decent safety features. And it also looks pretty decent.
  2. Subaru XV (Gasoline, A/T) - This one jumps up to number 2, until I read a review about it. Yes it has small space, but it looks great and it is a Subaru. Bonus points for the semi-crossover ability.
  3. Kia Carens (Diesel, A/T) - The Carens takes the place of the Sportage. Because this seems more practical than the Sportage, and it is cheaper also. This also reminds me of a soccer mom's ride, in a good way.
  4. Land Rover Defender 90 (Diesel, M/T) - This still lingers on in this list just because I still like the Defender. I've been reading articles that the Defender may be phased out due to lack of modern safety tech, but I hope not.
  5. Toyota Avanza (Gasoline, A/T) - I managed to ride inside an older model Avanza. While they may claim it can seat about seven people, it is a bit cramped inside for a man of my size. Still, if you are looking for a cheaper and slightly smaller alternative to an Innova, this is it. The new model looks good too.
There you have it. An updated list, and the biggest omission, the Kia Sportage, got removed because of a car review. And yes, I do put a lot of weight on car reviews. Mostly because I am not able to try each ride by myself.

Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking time out to leave a comment on my blog. :)