Monday, November 18, 2013

Perspective

I am a negative person. That is who I am. But that does not mean I have to be negative all the time. All it needs is a little adjustment in perspective. This is something I am forcing myself to continuously do. And so far it appears to be working.

Before I go on, I have to thank the people who helped me realize this perspective change. I won't say their names here, because they might prefer their privacy, but I really appreciate what they've done to help me on this journey I call life.

It does take effort, of course. I usually focus on the most negative thing all the time. Ever since I became more "self-aware" of my faults, I've been consciously forcing myself to look for the bright side.

To be honest, it works. I've encountered quite a few depressing scenarios recently. I started getting depressed or anxious, but then when I catch myself I start looking for the positive. And eventually I do, and I'm not as negative, depressed, angry, or anxious as before.

I am quite proud of this, because I never imagined I would start behaving like this. It's one big step towards becoming an ever better person than I am.

So my advice to you out there, if things don't turn out the way you want, take a deep breath. Calm your thoughts, and try to look at your situation from a different angle. You'll feel better in the end.
Out.
Bee Cheng Hiang Singapore
Taken 29 Dec. 2007 in Singapore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking time out to leave a comment on my blog. :)