Sunday, November 10, 2013

121/365 - Yolanda's Aftermath

121/365 - Darkness
Early morning, no power due to the storm, used my LX7 and my Maglite flashlight.
Typhoon Yolanda (Haiyan internationally) was well on the way out of the country Saturday morning. But the devastation she left remains. Sometimes the magnitude of certain situations only hits you when it becomes more personal.

One of my high school classmates was in Tacloban, but if what I read was true he was evacuated along with his wife and baby boy to Cebu. His parents also survived, but unfortunately his in-laws didn't. I have no idea how true the last part is, and I can only hope it isn't.

Another high school classmate still hasn't had contact with his parents, who I believe live in Iloilo - another place hit my Yolanda. Again, I can only hope and pray that they are still alive and safe.

Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking time out to leave a comment on my blog. :)