Tuesday, November 26, 2013

137/365 - Negativity

137/365 - Giant Mr. Potato Head
Martina's giant Mr. Potato Head
Everyone has been saying to remove my negativity. Yet every time I try to go out of my comfort zone, every time I try to be positive about something, all those people who said to stop being negative start giving me negativity.

So am I only allowed to constrain myself inside a box of other people's choosing? Why do they tell me to be positive but when I want to take calculated risks, they start telling me I will fail, that I can't do it, that I should stick to what I know? I'm taking a positive attitude to whatever undertaking I want, and they start giving me negative vibes.

Don't tell me they got to where they are playing it safe, because I will not believe it. For some people, I see their advice to play safe as concern for me. They know who I am, they know what I can and can't do. So they don't want me to dig myself into a deeper hole. And for that, I thank them. However, I am also a grown man. I am more aware of my shortcomings and I am more active in trying to overcome my shortcomings and grow in whatever ways I can.

The others? I don't even want to think about what intentions they have for telling me to play if safe. Maybe they do that so they can get all the risks and rewards. I have no idea, but to them I say: Thanks for the advice, but stay out of my way from now on.

Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking time out to leave a comment on my blog. :)