Sunday, November 17, 2013

129/365 - The Bacon Bomb

129/365 - Bacon Bombs
The Bacon Bombs
Cooked the bacon bombs today. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't great either. Overall I learned a lot from the experience. Here are some tips I got:
  • More seasoning. The bombs were relatively bland. If it wasn't for the gravy my mother-in-law came up with, I doubt it would have tasted very good.
  • Hotter oven, longer cooking time. Apparently I read the thermometer wrong, thinking it was in Centigrade, but it was actually in Fahrenheit. My bad, so the oven wasn't as hot as I wanted. Plus I should have baked this for at least an hour, so I had to re-bake them at the in-laws.
  • Use plain bacon. I used honeycured bacon, and it sorta messed up the taste.
  • Use a wet rub before baking. I tried this brown sugar dry rub before baking but I don't think this needed to be sweeter than usual.
Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking time out to leave a comment on my blog. :)