Wednesday, September 27, 2023

[1021] Practical, Used Car Update

Nothing major, I just think it would be best to get a locally sold car. I'm still leaning toward a relatively older Honda Jazz, either gen 1 GD or gen 2 GE. I'm not sure how factual some youtube videos are but they've spoken very highly about the quality of the engines the Honda Jazz uses. I'm also hoping that the repair shop we patronize can do maintenance on the Honda Jazz.

Moving to Plan B is the relatively newer use cars. Toyota Wigo, Mitsubishi Mirage, Suzuki Celerio, or Toyota Vios are all cars I would consider here. This drops to second simply because the Honda Jazz has been a dream car of mine since I was in my twenties. These cars are newer and have less kilometers on them, and they are probably more fuel efficient but most choices I have are smaller than the Honda Jazz and are probably less spacious.

Finally the last option is the Japan Surplus Suzuki Every Van. I just watched a video of a heavily modified DA17 AGS non-turbo and the "base build" of that car is around PhP330k. So I won't be surprised if the turbo variant costs more plus with some of the accessories and modifications I want this will probably end up being the most expensive option. Aside from the model and add-ons I also either have to pay for shipping to Metro Manila or I have to fly to Davao to get the unit and drive it all the way to Manila. Sounds like a fun adventure but also a very expensive one as well.

Out.