Sunday, September 03, 2023

[1014] The Suzuki Every

I've been watching more youtube videos about surplus converted Suzuki Every Vans / Wagons being sold here. Apparently the V or W in the DA17V/W designation basically means "Every Van" or "Every Wagon." The vans seem to have their rear lights on the bumpers and a bigger rear cargo space, while the wagons have body mounted rear lights and relatively smaller cargo areas. I also think vans have a higher roof. This is all just based on videos I've watched.

It also seems better to get the newer models, the DA17s. They've got the newer R06A engines that have VVT, or variable valve timing. Probably makes them more fuel efficient. Although it can also make them harder to fix if something happens.

These newer Every Wagons / Every Vans can also have the Suzuki Auto-Gear Shit or AGS instead of the traditional 4-speed automatic. Rides with the AGS have more traditional handbrakes instead of the foot brakes.

So what does this all mean? Well basically if I do get a chance to order one, I'm going for a newer, AGS equipped, R06A VVTI engine Every Wagon. I'd ask if they could add an additional aircon blower for the rear, mounted on the roof a la other vans with dual aircon.

Externally I would prefer zero badges, even the the logo. A nice orange Every Wagon with matte black accents for the grills and door handles. Black front hood. Body matching side mirrors, and maybe fender flares just for looks. Keep everything else stock. Add a gutter mounted roof rail and roof cargo basket that would be registered so we can carry more stuff if ever.

Inside I'd want a 9-inch android unit with back up camera, and front and rear dashcams. Not the dashcams that have their screens on the rear view mirror, unless you have the option to actually use the rear view mirror as intended. Maybe a more aggressive sounding horn. Having temp gauge would also be nice since some models don't seem to have one. Seatbelts for driver, front row passenger, and left and right rear passengers would also be a must. Rear seats should be the split-folding so that if ever my family can go on road trips we'd have plenty of space for stuff while still have seats for three.

Finally if I could figure out what steering rack is compatible with the every I'd definitely upgrade the steering rack so that the wiper and light stalks are in the proper left-hand drive orientation so no confusion happens when driving the car.

And that's it. I could probably message one of the two Suzuki Every Wagon surplus shops I check out and ask how much that would cost, but I'm still not totally sold on getting a high mileage converted vehicle from Japan. I still feel more confident in buying a locally sold second-hand car.

Out.