Wednesday, September 20, 2023

[1019] More Every Wagon Musings

Yet another filler/Every Wagon blog post. Here we go.

First off I saw this in one of the facebook groups I was browsing. Left-hand drive DA64 conversion kit for the wiper and light stalks. I'm not sure if this works or how reliable it is, plus it says DA64 on the item link so I have no idea if this can or will work on a DA17. This is basically a "quality of life" mod that will make your converted Every Wagon be more left-hand drive.

I've been watching DA17 videos from the youtube channels of both Surplus TV and Surplus Pinas. There are a few things I'm noticing. Since the DA17 rear lights are the same on either van or wagon variant, and the wagon variant is the most expensive one, it seems more practical to get a DA17V with the engine, drivetrain, and transmission you want. Then you just add on the modifications you'd want.

So yet again, a Suzuki DA17 Every Van, turbocharged R06 engine, automatic transmission or auto-gear shift, 4x4. If possible ask for the second row "captain's chairs" (or is it the split-folding rear seats?) Keep everything inside as close to stock as possible. Seat covers in dark grey. No "third row bench seats" since I value space. Fog lamps. Gutter mounted roof rails and cargo basket. Rear spoiler. Another common add-on is the OBD II port connected computer to show temps and other relevant data. Plus it acts as on OBD scanner as well. The left-hand drive light and wiper switch conversions. Additional ceiling mounted fan/blower for the second row (because I've heard that the A/C of these cars takes a while to reach the second row).

As for the paint job, I just had a very crazy idea earlier today. Paint scheme based on the A-Team's GMC Vandura. Basically black body with a red strip along the upper third then a metallic gray color for the upper portion. No need to add the additional front and rear bumpers since that would make the Every Van too heavy. Also hopefully have the red stripe be reflective because I really dislike black and dark grey colors for the car because I value road visibility.

If road visibility is really what I want then I can always go with a yellow bottom and white upper color scheme based on the VW Type 2 as seen in "Little Miss Sunshine."

Out.