Sunday, September 10, 2023

[1016] Mobile Phone Fiasco

Yesterday I blogged about my choice of mobile phone. Yesterday I also tried to purchase it online with cash on delivery (COD) as my main choice. Then the poop hit the fan.

According to my shopping app I could not continue checking out my order because my account had unusual activities. I thought it was an error so I tried checking out again, still no luck. I tried logging out, still no luck.

So I contacted the app's customer service and the agent basically said the same thing as the error message. I asked if I could find out what unusual activity my account did but apparently they were not allowed to tell me what that was.

Their solution to fix the problem was to find another seller or pick another payment method. I sure as hell don't plan on using my credit card with their app, nor do I have any plans of using their digital wallet yet again.

I'm really disappointed with their app and their answer, but all is not lost. I've decided to just look for another mobile phone that is sold in a physical store locally.

I already rarely use that online shopping app and now I will use it even less. I've stopped getting coffee beans from their sellers and the only things I buy there are cheap household related stuff like detergents and clothes covers.

Out.