Friday, September 08, 2023

[1015] Mobile Phones

The time has come for me to start looking around for a new mobile phone. Unfortunately my current OnePlus 6T is starting to show its age. Plus the lock button has lost tactile feel and is now challenging to press, and I don't want to wait for the time when I can't lock or unlock my phone.

It's been four years anyway, and I feel like I've maximized using my phone. My budget has gotten lower because as I grow older I realize that I need to be smarter with my purchases. So my target now is a mid-range phone that has a decent camera, decent ram, and good storage. I've got some candidates.

Actually I've already got a frontrunner. The Poco X5 Pro 5G (GSM Arena link here) has had some favorable reviews from one or two local youtubers who a friend of mine recommended to me.

My biggest concern now with the X5 Pro is that the only way to buy it is via online shopping so I don't know where to send it for repairs. Poco is supposedly tied with Xiaomi but when I went to a physical Mi Store they told me they don't sell that brand. Weird.

Out.