Tuesday, September 19, 2023

[1018] Yet Another Every Wagon Blog

Despite deciding it isn't worth it (or is it?) to get a surplus, converted Suzuki Every Wagon I still keep watching videos. I've learned a few new things about some of the variants. Again, these are things I learn about locally imported Japan surplus Every Wagons so these are probably what happens to these cars when they get here.

The DA17 is currently the latest variant available in the Philippines and features drive-by-wire tech for the accelerator pedal. DA64 still uses throttle cable.

DA17 uses the R06 engine while the DA64 uses the K6A engine. The former engine has variable valve timing making it more fuel efficient.

The wagon and van variants of this new model both have their lights on the bumper, while the older DA64 had bumper rear lights for the vans and body mounted rear lights for the wagon variants.

Auto Gear Shift / Tiptronic DA17 models use gear oil instead of Automatic Transmission Fluid. I'm still not sure if these AGS variants are available in both non-turbo and turbo variants. I'm also not sure if they come with full-time AWD or 4x2.

The newer DA17 I think has an OBD II port, and most modified vans here have a temp gauge / OBD scanner connected to give additional information during drives.

I still am curious what the experience would be to own an Every Wagon, but I still think the pros are outweighing the cons.

I still stand by my earlier blog post that I would still ideally want a DA17 wagon with split rear folding chairs, AGS shifting, 4WD, turbocharged R06 engine, and a few other modifications. These modifications are for quality of life, not aesthetics.

Biggest factors for actually pushing through with buying one would be price, who did the conversion, and how the conversion was done. Maybe the first major modification I would have done would be to find a left-hand drive steering column with light and wiper switches to almost fully transform it to a left-hand drive oriented ride.

Out.