Thursday, September 14, 2023

[1017] "Attainable" Dream Car List

It's been a few months, or years, since my last dream car list and it looks like I need a filler (heh) blog post so here we go. I'll be doing this in order of preference at this moment.

  1. Honda Jazz GE 1.5L automatic transmission. This is the second generation Honda Jazz. I still think this is the best combination of size and looks compared to the first (GD) and third (GK?) that I see here in the Philippines. Used models are still damn expensive and I can get newer albeit smaller hatchbacks for the same price. Aside from having everything checked and repaired I'd probably try to upgrade the head unit to an Android ready head unit. Definitely buff the headlight plastic to make sure the beams are still clear and not diffused.
  2. Suzuki Every Wagon DA17W high roof, auto gear shift, 4WD, turbocharged engine. As far as I know the DA17 is one of the newer models and it uses the new R06A engine that has variable valve timing. My dad and I have been watching so many videos of Japan surplus Every Wagons being sold locally that we both want our own. The reasons I am hesitant to pull the trigger despite the relatively reasonable price are the fact that they are a) converted b) Japan surplus used cars. So since they were never locally sold here I'm not so sure about parts availability. And since they're heavily used and converted I'm not sure how many more kilometers they have left in them. I've seen some units maybe six or seven years old have 150k kilometers.
  3. Classic Volkswagen Beetle with a manual transmission. I can still find some really cheap beater Beetles on Facebook Marketplace. The biggest issue here is how much I'd have to spend to repair and modify and how much I would have to spend to improve some important components. Components like a disc brake conversion, a better and more efficient alternator, maybe a new wiring harness if the cables are really old, and maybe an air conditioner if the engine can handle it.
  4. Toyota Rav4 XA20 with automatic transmission, all-wheel drive, and five-doors. Wait a minute, this is the car I take care of at the moment. I already "have" it. Why am I looking for a replacement? Sadly as much as I love this car, the fuel economy is relatively bad. It gets around 5 to 6 km/L when different people drive it. Aside from that I have no complaints. I'm doing my best to take care of it and make sure it is roadworthy for years to come. I love this car, but with rising fuel prices and traffic getting worse I honestly need to be practical and get a more fuel efficient car if possible.
These are my top attainable dream cars at the moment.

Out.