Sunday, October 01, 2023

[1022] More Suzuki Every Musings

Learning a lot more about the Suzuki Every Wagon/Every Van by watching more youtube videos of different local Japan surplus suppliers. Plus I saw a few of them on the way to and from my folks' place in the province.

So the DA17 auto-gear shift is only available on non-turbo engines. The eco-mode that happens in an AGS equipped DA17 only works on auto-gear shift mode and not during manual mode.

Based on these two things I am once again adjusting the Suzuki Every Van I would like to have. It would still be the DA17 van, with a non-turbo engine and auto-gear shift. That's it. It would be nice if I could get the split folding rear seats (or "captain's chairs" like how local surplus dealers call them) and seat belts. Also hopefully get all-power windows and mirrors so that the shelf on the top of the front seats is available.

For modifications I'd like to ask for DA17W fog lamps, a 7-inch android head unit. roof rack and basket, and a rear spoiler coming from the dealer. Everything else is as stock as possible.

Then for additional modifications maybe the OBD 2 port digital temp gauge/OBD 2 for additional car info and a rear LED chase light bar I'd mount on the top of the rear tailgate. The chase light bar would be placed over the rear third brake light and I'd try to do some good wiring so that it can become a secondary set of signal, brake, and reverse lights.

I'd probably try to upgrade the speakers as well. Not sure about adding ceiling mounted fans to improve aircon circulation, but I have no idea how cool or strong the aircon is.

Out.