Friday, October 06, 2023

[1024] Practical Car Dream Set Up

Still can't pull the trigger on getting a second-hand, fuel efficient car. Too much analysis paralysis and honestly I probably need to save up a bit more so I don't completely wipe out my savings. So I continue daydreaming about upgrades I would do should I finally get my practical dream car.

Register for top load. I believe this is required for the Philippines. You need to pay additional to the registration so you can mount cargo on the roof. I honestly plan on eventually adding roof rails on the roof so I can mount a bike rack, a cargo basket, or even a cargo box. This will give additional storage on the car.

Upgrade stereo head unit to an Apple Car Play and Android Auto ready head unit. Have a back-up camera installed at the same time. Pairing my mobile phone to the car will allow me to have the navigation and music from my phone connected to the car. A back up camera will help with maneuvering.

Dash cam front and rear. I'm guessing these are separate add-ons to the head unit and back up camera. We'll need this for security.

LED light upgrade for some lights. We can start with the interior lighting, and maybe the lights for the plate number at the rear. I'm not sure if upgrading brake, reverse, and signal lights to LEDs are plug and play, but if they are then I'll upgrade those as well. Headlights and fog lamps I will keep stock because I've read that not all headlights can use LED bulbs because of focusing issues.

Speakers. This is not a priority but a luxury.

OBD 2 scanner / readout. I've seen some of these in some Every Wagon videos and they seem like a nice addition. It can not only scan your computer for issues but it can also act as a temp gauge, fuel efficiency calculator, and other stuff.

That's it, basically. Nothing too fancy or extreme. Just get some quality equipment for those times I will want to go on long drives.

Out.