Sunday, April 20, 2014

277 to 283/365 - The Holy Week in Review

Hello again, usual readers (if there are any - hehehe). If any of you were wondering why I haven't blogged since last Sunday, here's the reason why. My Mom, Dad, Maica, Martina and I went to Japan for a Holy Week holiday.

Monday I was too busy running errands and packing, so I decided to put off blogging.
277/365 - Leaving on a Jetplane
I always hear this song in my head whenever I'm packing
Upon arrival in Kyoto we immediately had dinner where we had dinner our first night there last 2013. This terrific ramen place in Ramen Alley at Kyoto Station. I forgot the name, but this is the. Best. Ramen. I've. Ever. Had.

Ever.

Not only that, the chashu rice "side dish" is even better. I devoured the ramen and ajitama egg first before finishing off dinner with the chashu rice. Divine.
278/365 - Japan Day 1 Dinner / Japan Holiday Day 1/5
First night's dinner was the same first night's dinner we had last December 2013
The next day we took a half-day tour with a tour guide my mom met when they visited Kyoto a few years back. She's been my mom's regular tour guide, and has also become friends with my mom as well. Chieko-san (I forgot how to spell her name) took us to Ninna-ji Temple to see sakura and visit one of the vacation homes of an emperor from days long ago. The sakura were very beatuiful, and the fallen petals on the grass made it look like the trees were on a fine layer of snow. I was really awestruck.
279/365 - Sakura / Japan Holiday 2/5
Very happy to catch Cherry Blossoms (Sakura) in Ninna-ji Temple
Day three had me going to Universal Studios Japan in Osaka with Martina and Maica. We took Martina there so she could visit her pals, Snoopy and the gang. Since the weather was better now than when we first visited, we were also able to explore USJ's grounds better. While I may not have ridden the rides I wanted to ride (since the queues were long) we did enjoy spending time sightseeing.
280/365 - Turkey Leg / Japan 3/5
Turkey leg snack being sold in Universal Studios Japan
For our last night in Kyoto, I took Maica (and Martina, of course) to a sushi bar in the 11th floor of Kyoto Station. I really wish I knew the names of the restaurants, because the sushi we had there was amazing. I was lucky to order a set that included Japanese Sea Eel sushi. It was so good I ordered four more a la carte orders, two for me and two for Maica of course.
281/365 - At a sushi bar in Kyoto Station / Japan 4/5
A friendly sushi chef serving me part of my dinner
On Saturday we had to go back to the Philippines. As usual we took the earliest train from Kyoto to Kansai. Instead of flying straight to Manila, we had to take a stopover in Hong Kong. Actually we also did that going to Japan, I just forgot to mention it. I don't know why we chose to fly Cathay Pacific, if the fare is cheaper or what, but I enjoyed the trip to and from Japan.
282/365 - Homeward Bound / Japan 5/5
Waiting to board the plane
Finally today I spent the whole day uploading all the photos I took from the trip to my flickr account. I didn't include the videos, but that's all right.
283/365 - Remotes
Our remotes are very dusty when viewed up close, I think
So there you have it. I spent most of Holy Week in Kyoto and Osaka, and now I while I do feel fully refreshed I still have vacation lag. I still just want to relax even tomorrow. Since it is a work day tomorrow, I do have to hit the ground running.

Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking time out to leave a comment on my blog. :)