Tuesday, February 25, 2014

229/365 - On Pets

229/365 - Tan Line
I love to get darker.
Last weekend at Clark my colleague Pao and I met a man and his dog. They was hired as the K9 security detail for the CIMS 2014 event. Pao had chatted with him while I enjoyed listening to their back and forth. He said something about dogs that made me think really, really hard.

He said that we owe it to our dogs who passed away to get another one and take care of the dog like our previous dog. Something like that, or at least that's how I understood it. Sort of like paying it forward.

We put Rebus to sleep one day after my 33rd birthday. I cried a lot that time, and I swore I would never get another dog because of the pain I feel when these things happen.

However, what Roger said hit me hard. Indeed, I loved Rebus a lot. I loved all of the pets we've had, and they too loved me back. I'm sure it would make them very happy and proud of me if I would continue to take care of pets as best as I could, because it would mean I was honoring the bond we had.

Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking time out to leave a comment on my blog. :)