Thursday, February 06, 2014

209, 210/365 - Conscious Effort

209/365 - Martina and Her Kariman
Martina and her "Kariman" from Mini Stop
210/365 - My Mom's Miniature Sala Set
My Mom got this miniature sala set from Ilocos Norte
Lately I've been bored to blog. Because I'm lazy. No excuses. However I realized that the root cause of my laziness is similar to my recent losses in my battle with my temper. I was not exerting conscious effort.

When I blogged everyday I was exerting conscious effort to blog. There were times my posts felt forced, but there were also times I wrote pretty good thoughts. Same with my temper. When I am conscious of my effort to control my temper, I manage to police myself and control my temper relatively well.

What happens when I don't consciously put effort on anything? It. All. Comes. Crashing. Down. Trust me, I know. I've experienced it.

Sad to say, I'm only human and an extremely flawed one at that. I can only maintain a level of self-control for so long before I either relax my guard or I get lazy.

Take for example my 3D skills. Since I changed careers I haven't practiced my skills seriously enough. I've always been planning on creating a training program for myself, but up to now I haven't. I need to make a very conscious effort at creating a training program that I can follow and abide by no matter what. Similar to what I am doing with my Project 365 blog.

I'm glad I can still catch myself and force myself to improve. I just hope I can eventually become so consistent that it becomes second nature.

Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking time out to leave a comment on my blog. :)