Monday, February 24, 2014

221 - 228/365 Weeklong Edition

I've been gone for over a week. I'll try to recap that in this blog post. I was getting ready for my work-related trip to Clark. I was going to be there from Wednesday to Sunday, possibly getting to Manila in the wee hours of Monday.

I was already done packing by Monday. I wanted to make sure I had enough clothes for the trip, with a couple of spares just in case.

221/365 - Packing for my Trip
Checking my inventory of clothes.
Tuesday I was pretty relaxed, but anxious also. This would be my first time to drive to Clark and drive back. I knew I could do it, but that didn't stop me from being a bit worried.

222/365 - Revolver Ocelot
Revolver Ocelot.
Day 1 in Clark we had dinner at this place named Iguana Mexican Restaurant. Formerly called Zapatas, the food was good and cheap. The plate you see below is actually only half of one order. My colleague and I shared one order. He got the burrito and I got the soft taco and chili.

223/365 - Dinner at the former Zapatas
Dinner at Zapatas.
The official Day 1 of CIMS 2014 was off to a slow start. There were plenty of empty areas for the car clubs, but the cars in the show were pretty impressive. I was very happy to see a Honda CRX in the flesh, as this is one of my more favorite cars.

224/365 - Honda CRX
Honda CRX at CIMS 2014
Day 2 of CIMS 2014 was more of the same. Very few people, and long hours. It gave me and my colleague time to practice our photography skills.

225/365 - BMW E36 M3
AutoPerformance Ph's BMW E36 M3
Day 3 was more action packed. Most of the car clubs arrived and we had lots of inquiries in our booth. It was also the time reinforcements arrived, in the form of my boss. That night we had dinner at Bondoc's. It was a "hole-in-the-wall" restaurant that's been around for 24 years. The steak they had was amazing. Most of us stopped talking as we ate.

226/365 - Steak at Bondoc's
Steak dinner at Bondoc's in Angeles City, Pampanga.
Our last day was mostly a blur. We all knew we were going home, and the two of us who had been in Pampanga since Wednesday were very excited to go home. The day went by relatively fast, and we packup up our stuff quickly and efficiently. We left Clark around 8:45pm.

227/365 - DM Residente's Villa
Our villa at DM Residente.
I got home midnight, technically Monday. I dropped off my boss before going home, and it was really nice of him to ride with me since I was a bit worried about the drive home. I'm glad we made good time home and we all arrived safe and sound at our own homes.

228/365 - Midnight Dinner at Home
Midnight dinner. Got home at 12mn from Clark.
Overall it was a great experience.

Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking time out to leave a comment on my blog. :)