Monday, July 29, 2013

017-018/365 - Cars

2006 Toyota Rav4 Dashboard
Apologies for a two day post. I'm a lazy slob and I didn't have a single picture yesterday. I could come up with a dozen other reasons why I couldn't post, but that is closest to the truth.

I am a car fan. I enjoy looking at cars, reading their specs, finding out their performance, etc. etc. etc.

If you've been reading my blog you will know that I really want a classic VW Beetle converted into a semi-Baja Bug. Semi meaning I'd like the larger and slightly wider wheels, the new front end, the roll cage, and the fog lamps. But not the exposed engine.

You also probably know that I'm a relatively slow, defensive driver. I try not to be rude on the road, but when push comes to shove I can proudly claim that I am a Pinoy Driver.

And finally, you probably know that for all the times I've dreamt (I can't believe Chrome is marking the word 'dreamt' as a misspelled word) of owning a sports car, I prefer the spacious, economical, practical family cars.

Despite all these things, I know little as to how a car works. Unfortunately for me, as I was growing up my dad sold our classic Beetle and 70's Toyota Hi-Ace. The next cars we had were all maintained in the dealer shops. So I never got to reach the age when I could appreciate the elbow grease my dad used to do with his Beetle. Sure, I tried to help him once in a while. But I never appreciated what I was doing because I was too young and too impatient.


... And I'm rambling about cars again.

Out.