Saturday, July 13, 2013

002/365 - Thank you, Rebus

My last good photo with Rebus (2001 - 2013)
I will cheat on this photo. I took this yesterday. But this photo has more meaning than any I could have taken today. Plus I didn't take a single photo today.

July 13, 2013, we euthanized our good friend Rebus. This was shot on July 12, 2013 - my birthday. I guess he just wanted to see me reach 33. And he wanted me to have this beautiful picture of us on my 33rd birthday as a remembrance.

It started yesterday, he started having seizures in the afternoon. I thought it was just stretching, but when I saw it happen I knew. My mom did not sleep the whole night staying with him. It continued on until this morning.

We sent him to the vet to be observed. I was still hoping for the best, denying the worst. This afternoon my mother, with the consultation of our vet, Dr. Cabanlig, decided to euthanize him.

I was there when they put him to sleep. My dad, myself, and our help went there to see Rebus off. He saw us, he recognized us, and I cried the most. It was relatively fast and painless. I saw him sent to his grave.

Thank you for the memories, Rebus. I cannot write anything to justify the great times and the amazing memories we had. Rest in peace.

Out.