Saturday, July 20, 2013

009/365 - Food!

Gustare Kitchen's take home treats for sale.
Today was a special day as my mother treated myself and a few of her good friends to lunch in Gustare Kitchen. It was originally planned as a very belated wedding anniversary lunch, but thanks to my mom's creativity, it was turned into something totally different.

She wanted to celebrate the good times she spent travelling the world with her good friends. That was the theme of the lunch. So instead of featuring one type of cuisine, we were served with different types of food from many parts of the world.

We had a cacophony of different cuisines. We had local dishes, the Ilonggo kadios and the Ilocano poque poque, fried Batangas tawilis, and some achara. The international Chinese salted fish fried rice, and the French roasted chicken with haricot vert. Capped off with some green tea sans rival, and some lychee cheesecake.

It was a very pleasant lunch. I cannot do justice to the taste of the food in this blog, but take my word for it. IT. WAS. FUCKING. DELICIOUS. Also, despite the different cuisines served, they all worked well together.

And surprisingly, I actually ate everything served. Even the tawilis (head, bones, and tail included). Even the jackfruit in the kadios. I am a normally finicky eater, but with the quality of the food there, I was game to try everything. And thank God I did.

Out.

Click here to see my flickr page containing the food served at Gustare Kitchen.