Wednesday, July 17, 2013

006/365 - I Watch Too Many Cooking Shows

East Meets West
Here's a unique taste on your classic grilled cheese sandwich. It's a fusion of Korean and American tastes. And this is something I'm guessing not a lot of you have tried out, but I am sharing this one to everyone reading my blog. Because sometimes it's nice to share.

Spread ssamjang on a slice of pullman loaf. Place a slice of cheddar cheese on top. Cover with another slice of bread. Grill to taste. It would have been better if we had quick melt cheddar cheese.

I've been experimenting with my food for quite some time now. I watch too many cooking shows, and I take my ideas off of the shows I see. I don't know the basics to cooking, I have no idea about fundamentals. My knife skills are horrible. But as I keep cooking, my food starts to taste better.

Some of the things I've cooked successfully (following a recipe, surprisingly) are:

  • Shepherd's Pie (Or Cottage Pie, because I used minced beef)
  • Tartiflette, Filipino style (I had to use local bacons and not lardons)
  • Chicken Tandoori (I didn't bother creating the sauce, it was supposed to be chicken tikka masala)
  • Tiramisu, Filipino style (using cream cheese, instant coffee, and local broas)
  • Chicken Inasal (following a recipe my mother-in-law gave me)
Would I consider studying cooking to make it a career? I don't know. Right now, cooking is one of the ways I relieve stress. I have no idea how I would view cooking if I tried to make a living out of it.

Out.