Sunday, June 22, 2014

344, 345, 346/365 - Cars

344/365 - Martina Calls Them "Pishis Two" and "Pishis One"
Pishis Two and Pishis One
345/365 - Peek-a-boo
I see you, Martina
346/365 - Rainy Day
Rainy day
I never expected my knowledge of cars to go this deep. I used to think I like cars, but now I can say I like them even more.

Take for example my Rav4. I now know a lot more technical things about things I'd like to upgrade in the car. The most important, and realistic upgrade, is the headlights. I'd love to go with brighter, all-weather, yellow headlights and fog lamps. I just need to buy higher wattage relays for both the headlights and fog lamps. Overall it will cost a lot, but the brighter visibility and illumination at night, and on rainy nights, will be very worth it.

Then there's the sound system. I now know what ICE means (In Car Entertainment). I also know what a 2-DIN receiver is. That's the size of the receiver. 1-DIN is the think, rectangular one. I also know I want to replace the receiver in the car. Just that. My current Kenwood receiver (it came packaged with the car) is as old as the car and needs a more updated receiver. Something with auxiliary ports, and maybe a USB connector.

I also know the difference between an intercooler and a radiator. I know what coilovers are now. I also know that there are two ways brake fade happens, either because the brake fluid is boiling due to moisture, or because the brake discs can't handle the heat anymore.

Finally, there's the engine. While I now know that my car's 1AZ-FE is very durable and reliable, I also know that I can fit a 3S-GE BEAMS engine in the car. That will increase the power and torque output.

So what's my point? I learn something new everyday.

Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking time out to leave a comment on my blog. :)