Monday, June 16, 2014

340/365 - Tough Love

340/365 - Nutella Milkshake
Not enough nutella on my nutella milkshake
I was watching an episode of Masterchef Canada during dinner and there was this highly critical judge. He looked Asian, and he was very hard on the contestants. I did some research and discovered he was a Michelin starred chef. Good for him.

I guess his style of tough love will work for the contestants. Honestly, it won't work for me. I never enjoyed getting tough love. It turned me scared. Scared to fail, scared to try other things, scared of getting the "master" mad at me. So all the teachers who used the tough love tactic got what they wanted out of me. Basically, a clone of what they were.

I never realized my full potential in whatever subject that was. Because I was scared.

I prefer the nurturing type of teachers. Those who will encourage you, and will even help pick you up if you fall. I find they are the better teachers, and better human beings, because instead of trying to step on you to strengthen you, they will nurture you.

Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking time out to leave a comment on my blog. :)