Monday, March 03, 2014

235/365 - Gino's Brick Oven Pizza

235a/365 - Mushroom Pizza
Mushroom Pizza
235b/365 - Spaghetti Bolognese
Spaghetti Bolognese
My wife and I had dinner at Gino's Brick Oven Pizza near her office tonight. Here's my quick review.

We ordered the mushroom pizza and the spaghetti bolognese. Both were pretty tasty, but I enjoyed the pasta more than the pizza. Maybe because the pizza had white sauce?

The pizza was a bit bland and salty at the same time. Bland because I couldn't taste too many flavors, and salty because of the cheese I guess. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, it maybe needed something else to add to the flavor. It's definitely better than the oily stuff we usually have delivered at home. And I'm excited to try other flavors because they make their own dough and the crust was definitely one of the highlights of the pizza.

The bolognese, wow. That's all I can say. They make their own pasta, and the pasta was thick, firm, and very filling. I'd go so far as to say that the pasta we had was very hearty. Let's not forget that it was also very delicious.

The pleasant surprise we had during dinner was when this nice lady beside our table told us to try the buratta she ordered. Apparently she was a regular there, and she always orders the buratta. She was very nice and let my wife and I try her buratta. We couldn't say no, and I liked the creaminess and the slight saltiness of it.

She also had us try her fresh squeezed calamansi juice. It was also very good, not too sour and just the right hint of sweetness.

Finally my wife ordered chocolate chicharon to-go. It is what it says, chocolate covered chicharon. A very interesting dessert. First you taste the sweetness of the chocolate, then the saltiness of the chicharon comes in. It makes for a very interesting taste combination.

Other thoughts regarding Gino's Brick Oven Pizza? Well, price was worth it. It's not cheap, but it's not that expensive either. Considering the taste and how filling the food was, it was definitely worth it.

Would my wife and I go back there again? Yes, yes we would. We'll order our own buratta next time, and we'll definitely try the other pizza and pasta offerings.

Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking time out to leave a comment on my blog. :)