Sunday, March 02, 2014

231, 232, 233, 234/365 - Top Five Family Cars (Again!)

231-365 - My Backpack
My backpack
232/365 - Martina's Dress
Martina's Dress
233/365 - Travis
Travis, Nero's brother
234/365 - Chula
Chula, lounging under Martina's baby chair
I've got another top five list of brand new cars I'd want. And yes, I've revised it for the nth time. And I will keep revising it. Because that's what I do. Also, a new category for my family car criteria: track capability. I attended Circuit Showdown last March 1, 2014, and I can tell you I'm starting to get hooked on motorsports. So I'd want a car that I can hopefully use for track days also. Not that I can afford it. But dreaming is for free, so keep on dreaming.
  1. Honda Jazz 1.5L AT. With the paddle shifters. Who am I kidding, as much as it's practical to get the 1.3L engine, I really want paddle shifters. Besides, I'm guessing if I get more addicted to motorsports a Honda Jazz is the most practical car to also modify as a track car. I'm guessing suspension changes would be enough for a trackable family car.
  2. Ford Fiesta 1.0L Ecoboost AT. This is also in-line with my trackable family car. This one will be more costly to modify, since I know for a fact I can put a Brembo BBK (big brake kit) in front. That plus improved suspension will definitely cost a lot.
  3. Toyota Avanza 1.5L AT. This cracks the top three simply because this is the perfect entry level family car. I won't be able to track this, but with the space I can definitely take my family out for nice road trips. Power is a concern for such a big vehicle.
  4. Kia Rio Hatchback 1.4L AT. I have no idea if you can track this car, but it looks fast. And wouldn't it be interesting to be one of the first people to have a Kia Rio hatchback track car?
  5. Hyundai Accent Hatchback Diesel 1.6L AT. This suddenly comes barging in to the top five because of the amazing fuel consumption and torque. Again, it would also be interesting to have a Hyundai Accent track car.
To be honest, that track capability isn't really a big priority. It's just a great coincidence that my top two cars now can be used as track cars. I did see a Honda Jazz running time attack at Circuit Showdown, and I won't be surprised to see a Ford Fiesta go on track soon.

Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking time out to leave a comment on my blog. :)