Tuesday, August 20, 2013

040/365 - Dark Clouds

Dark clouds up above.
Work was suspended today due to bad weather. That's how bad it was. The route I planned to take going to work was flooded before 6am. Good thing I decided not to leave too early for work.

I just got out of the bathroom when my wife told me not to go to work anymore. So I notified my superiors. A few minutes later they reply with news that work had indeed been cancelled for the day.

Check out any news reports of the devastation of Typhoon Maring. It just sucks. Last I heard about my grandmother, who lived in one of the affected villages, the flood waters were rising. My aunt, her daughter, had chest deep flood water inside  her house.

So to those fortunate not to feel the wrath of Maring, let's try to help out in any way possible. Clothing donations, food donations, cash donations (maybe not cash unless you're donating to a reliable institution). Pay it forward. Or whatever the term is for helping others nowadays.

Out.