Sunday, July 24, 2011

Looking at the Good Things in Life

One of the biggest reasons NOT to compare yourself with other people is because you almost always end up on the losing end of the comparison. At least for me that's true.


The reason is because I usually compare myself to others who have something I don't. Obviously it's a no-win situation. But every once in a while I have to remind myself that while I may not have the things that I want (not NEED, but just want) there are other people out there who, if compared to me, don't have the things I currently HAVE.


And there lies the trick. I always have to remind myself that while I may not have all the things I want, be it physical, mental, or spiritual, I do have a lot of things that others don't have.


It may not sound good on paper, but basically what I'm trying to say is that there's always something good I have, I just am not looking for it. Or I'm taking it for granted. Either way, I really really have to force myself to keep on looking at the things I have, rather than the things I want.


Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking time out to leave a comment on my blog. :)