Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Just A Quick Plug

Right now I am streaming the podcast "Tropical Banter." You can also find them on iTunes, and you can download either their audio only podcast or the one with video. As of now I'm only downloading the audio only.


How did I chance upon this podcast? It started with me and my officemates subscribing to DJ Mo Twister's own podcast, Good Times With Mo. There was this one podcast where DJ Mo had Basti Artadi and Tirso Ripoll as guests, and soon they had their own podcast.


I personally am leaning more towards Tropical Banter than Good Times With Mo (sorry, DJ Mo). I guess it has to do with the fact that since high school I've been a "rocker" when it came to musical preferences. Basti Artadi is the vocalist of the Philippine band Wolfgang, and Tirso Ripoll is one of the guitarists of the Philippine band Razorback. I was a fan of both (but more of a Wolfgang fan) in high school.


It's great to listen to Tropical Banter because they have musical interludes where they play different cover songs on acoustic guitar. I've started listening to different kinds of music again because of those interludes. Basically I've started listening to the original versions of their covers and that has once again broadened my musical tastes. Most excellent.


So that's it, please try to listen to this podcast and enjoy. One quick warning though, it does feature a lot of explicit language, and they occasionally speak in Filipino. But overall, a most excellent podcast.


Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking time out to leave a comment on my blog. :)