Friday, July 15, 2011

I *REALLY* Want A Baja Bug

Yes, it's another car-related rant!


And yes, it's about the Beetle Baja yet again!

Yes I have other cars I like. Cars like the Ford GT40, Ford GT, Subaru Impreza WRX STi, Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution, Ferrari 512bb, and of course the Volkswagen "Samba Bus / Kombi", the Kharmann Ghia, and the Kubelwagen / Thing.



But right now my main focus is on the Baja Bug. Why?

  • It's the most realistic thing I can afford right now. Well, not exactly the Baja Bug, but I can find myself a decent priced Volkswagen Beetle for sale. Let's say I manage to buy a Beetle that runs and is reliable, that gives me a car already. I can use it as a daily driver while I save up for the parts I need to convert it.
  • I can work on it with my dad. Well, maybe not everything. My father and I can tinker with it during the weekends. It's not so high tech that we have to send it to specialized shops just to modify it. With the classic Beetle we can have more bonding times if we were to work on whatever we can work on. Just not maybe modifying the bodywork.
  • It's the perfect daily driver for Metro Manila's streets. Like I wrote before, a Baja Bug is high enough to clear the deep potholes, it can ford most flash floods, and it's small enough that I can wiggle around traffic with it.
Well those are the only reasons I can think of now. I have no idea what re-awakened my desire to own a Baja Bug, but it's better and more realistic than say, a BMW E46 320i, or an E30 320i.


And besides, there's nothing wrong with dreaming right?


Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking time out to leave a comment on my blog. :)