Sunday, July 17, 2011

Let Me Re-Phrase That

When I said I wanted a Baja Bug, I guess that statement was sort of false. Let me write down some of the things that I'd want in a VW Classic Beetle.


I'd like to have a Baja Bug-like VW Classic Beetle with bigger and wider tires, and a higher ground clearance. The tires would be slightly low profile, at most having 50% of the wheel's section width, and at least having 30% of the section width.


I want the engine to still be covered, but inside would lurk a modified engine that produces more power and torque. I'd like it if there was also a cooling system in place to help fight the tropical heat of the Philippines. And maybe if the engine can handle the heat and power requirement, an A/C unit.


I'd like to have steel pipe bumpers with a pair of circle fog lamps on the front bumper, and steel pipe bumpers on the rear also. I'd also want to have the front part chopped to look like a Baja Bug, meaning the spare tire would either be stowed somewhere else, or I'd have to go with run-flats.


Inside I'd like to have four bucket seats or four ergonomic semi-racing seats. As long as you can still put child-seats on them it won't be a hassle for me. I'd also replace the windows with a full-window instead of the window having the small folding window - for security reasons. And I'd also like the car to have a functional, sturdy looking roof rack.


What does this all mean?


Basically I want a Beetle that looks like a Baja Bug, but isn't a true Baja Bug. Think of it as a crossover vehicle. It's comfortable enough to be used as a daily driver, but sturdy enough to tackle some off-road scenarios - like deep potholes and gravel roads.


I haven't even gone into all the insane details I'd like the car to have, like the suspension settings and the brakes, interior, engine mods, etc.


Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking time out to leave a comment on my blog. :)