Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Wedding Thoughts

In two days time my wife and I will be celebrating our first wedding anniversary. Not coincidentally, on that same day, my good friend Karl will be tying the knot with his fiancée, Jona.


This time last year, which was a Monday, my wife and I tried unsuccessfully in the morning to move some of our stuff to our condo. Sadly due to some unforseen difficulties, we were not able to move our stuff. So we went to do our second task of the day, have confession. I had a haircut as my wife was hearing confession, then she bought us lunch at Wendy's while I was confessing my sins. Afterwards I took her to her house and I went home.


The afternoon was spent playing games on my laptop and getting my clothes ready for the despedida de sultera we had that night at Uncle Mike's condo's social hall. It was a fun time, Ferds and Tanya were there, and we ended around 10pm or later.


The next day Maica and I checked in to the Hotel Intercontinental in Makati. Separately of course. Afterwards I met up with some old college friends, Ben, Karl (yes the same Karl getting married in a few days), and Tep. We spent the better part of the day eating and reminiscing, mostly eating.


We had lunch in either Dencio's or Gerry's Grill. Then we had dessert in Dairy Queen. After walking around for a while we had dinner in McDonald's. We took Ben back to the hotel, Tep left for his house, and Karl and I headed back to my room to hang out. After a few minutes we decided to hit the Starbucks at 6750 while Karl waited for, you guessed it, Jona. Karl and I headed our separate ways around 10pm, him to the MRT station and I to the hotel.


As for the wedding day? That's another story.


Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking time out to leave a comment on my blog. :)