Monday, January 17, 2011

Anime

Its only just recently that I started watching Neon Genesis Evangelion.


I've got to say, it's pretty interesting. There are times that it does get boring, and there are times when I think it's trying way too hard to be deep and to have some sort of hidden meaning. But overall it's not a bad cartoon.


Here are some observations I do have about anime in general. These things usually are present in almost all anime series I've seen.

  • There's the emo character (In Eva's case, and in my opinion, Shinji). Someone who's quiet, detached, and always standing in the background. Usually that emo character eventually becomes friends with someone and opens up.
  • There's the arrogant one (Asuka - annoying bitch if you ask me). Always super confident in one's own abilities and always trying to be the boss of the group.
  • There's conflict between teammates. Always. And something always happens where they end up working well together and achieving their goal. Afterwards they return to their petty conflict.
  • There's someone looking for approval (Eva = Shinji, Naruto = Naruto). Whether it be from a parent, a superior, or a crush, someone is always looking for approval.
  • There's usually a hidden message in the series. Like environmentalism or conservatism. But you always have to look deep to find it. It seems pretentious to me, if you ask me.
And that's it so far. Those are the things I usually see in almost any anime.

Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking time out to leave a comment on my blog. :)