Monday, January 03, 2011

The Great Pick-Up Debate...

... Has once again shifted to the Hilux.


I have no idea how true the next few arguments I will give are, but these are the things that caused me to favor the Toyota Hilux once again. It's just such a crying shame that this is all just daydreams because I have no money to actually buy a pick-up truck. Ah well, dreams do come true.

  • Toyotas have better re-sale value here in the Philippines.
  • The Hilux isn't as massive as the Navarra (true or false?), good for narrow roads and tight spots. Something I commonly encounter in the streets of Metro Manila.
  • That Top Gear episode when they brought a Hilux to that volcano in Iceland really showed me how much they trusted the Hilux. Plus the fact that the Hilux they used was the same one their camera crew used when they went to the Magnetic North Pole says a lot about how tough and versatile the Hilux is. Granted, the vehicles were modified. However the base platform, the engine, and the interior were still stock Toyotas. They did not do a total engine swap.
  • Again, have you seen the polar hilux? Do I need to keep saying how great it looks? All the Navarras I've seen so far do look nice yes, but nothing looks as the Hilux. It's just so, for lack of a better word, macho. It looks indestructible. It looks like only a tank could stop it.
And those are the reasons why I've suddenly put the Toyota Hilux back as my number one option for a pick-up. Now where can I find me the money to actually buy one?

Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking time out to leave a comment on my blog. :)