Saturday, January 01, 2011

New Year's "Resolutions"

I've tried making a few New Year's Resolutions the past few years. And I either forget about it or fail to follow through on it. Because I've never been a fan of resolutions anyway.


I am an impulsive person, and most of the things I do are spur of the moment things. So rather than making a new set of resolutions I'll just end up not doing, I've decided to set some goals this year. Goals that I can either achieve or forget about, but at least I'll always have some goals to guide me. And here they are.



  • Break the 100kg barrier. Weight has always been an issue for me, and I've always tried to break the 100kg barrier. I want to go lower than 100kg. I think I can do it this year because the last quarter of last year I started becoming physically active again. I've been playing basketball and eating relatively healthy. Plus now that I've got a child, I want to do more to ensure that I have a healthier life so I can live longer (hopefully) and bond with her more.
  • Make more money. Again, I've got a family to feed. I need to either earn more at my day job, or find a way to make money. I know it sounds so greedy and materialistic of me, but the fact of life nowadays is that money makes the world go round. You can't achieve your dreams without money, and money usually can end up buying you happiness.
  • Improve my people skills. Work related goal, but this will benefit me overall. I've never been a people person, but I have to be one now. I'm getting older, and my responsibilities are getting greater. Plus if I stagnate as "just a 3D artist" then my career is going nowhere.
  • Improve my work related skills. The fire I have for 3D is starting to get stronger again. I hope I can continue to fan the flames and improve my skills. Because if I do stagnate then I might never get anywhere career-wise.
  • Be more positive. For the nth time, I have a wife and a child. Being the old, grumpy, negative me will not get me anywhere. I have to be more positive, and from there good things will happen. It just has to be a conscious effort to stay positive.
And that's it. A few simple goals I have, goals I know I can achieve. Goals that if I can push myself to do so, I might achieve before the end of 2011.

Happy New Year everyone!

Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking time out to leave a comment on my blog. :)