Sunday, January 02, 2011

Setting Up the Rav

Given the chance, and the economic flexibility, I would love to fix the Rav4. Either of them. In fact, I'd probably do the same thing to either of them.


I'd replace the entire sound system with a new one. Better quality speakers, an iPod ready stereo, and some tweeters. I have come to realize that sounds are very important in a vehicle. If you're stuck in traffic or going on a long road trip, music will always be a very welcome companion. Right now I can see one big problem with either Rav's stereo - no iPod compatibility. Plus the speakers are okay but not great. I've ridden cars that have tweeters installed and they sound at least ten times better. Maybe even add a small subwoofer just to increase the sound quality. As long as cargo space is not compromised, and as long as extra weight is not added.


The next thing I'd do is get some nice rims. Maybe some nice 17" rims. I've always liked the BBS rims used by some F1 cars. The ones where the spokes fork out. Not only would this make the car look better, but by lowering the profile of the tires a bit the handling would also slightly improve.


One really long shot mod I'd like to do is to install racing style seats for the front driver and passenger side seats. The reason why this is a long shot is because the current seats are pretty comfy already, and because racing style seats are really expensive.


That's it. Those two improvements alone would cost a lot of money, and unfortunately I don't own any car. I just borrow one of the cars my folks have. But I do wish I could have the opportunity to set one of them up.


I can dream, can't I?


Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking time out to leave a comment on my blog. :)