Sunday, January 09, 2011

The Adventures of Carlos Pena

Carlos Pena is a 6' 8" 225lbs PF from the Philippines who plays for the Oklahoma City Thunder.


At least, that's what's going on in my NBA 2K11 My Player Mode.


I created Carlos Pena one day to use as a character in My Player, having grown insanely frustrated playing Association Mode. Just a quick side trip, no matter how I adjusted the sliders for Association mode it always ended up either being a win so lopsided in my favor it got boring, or the computer would pull out with a big lead, let me work my way until it was just 2 points, then pull out again. Lather, rinse, repeat. And I got so pissed off at the game I almost snapped the blu-ray disc in half. Although I have realized that I set the difficulty too high (superstar) when in reality I guess I just suck at 2K11 so it's now at All-Star difficulty. I just think it's insulting that I actually suck at a basketball game considering I've been playing basketball games since NBA Live 97 for the PC came out. But my issues with NBA 2K11 are for another post, if ever I decide to rant on that.


So I decided to give My Player mode a shot.


First off, the new 2K11 My Player is infinitely better than the previous My Player. It's not as stupid as the old one. Now, your defensive assignment switches depending on the situation.


It's actually quite engrossing, this new My Player. Now you actually feel like you have a shot at making it to the NBA. I know I did, because Carlos Pena got drafted 18th (I think) in the first round by the Thunder.


Not only that, but he cracked the rotation and moved up from being the 7th man to the 6th man.


And my rating started out at 45. Cool.


So how'd I do that? Carlos Pena's play style (player role or whatever) is rebounding. And that's exactly what he does. Off the bench he's in the league's top 5 in offensive rebounds per game. The entire league, not just rookies.


What's even better about My Player is that there are interviews at the end of the game that you can choose how to answer and it affects team chemistry and your league and local popularity.


Bottom line, I might be requesting a trade soon as I think I ticked off the team and the local fans with some of my answers. Hahaha.


Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking time out to leave a comment on my blog. :)