Monday, October 10, 2005

Jacque Attack, Sato Strikes, and Other Ramblings

If ever you get to watch F! on Star Sports you'll know of the term "Jacque Attack". It was coined by one of the commentators there because of the way Jacque Villeneuve drives. I wouldn't call it wreckless but for lack of a better word, wreckless it is. Well, Jacque is a driver and hje's paid to drive and win. But still. Some of his tactics are somewhat strange. But there's a new threat to F1.

Takuma Sato.

Over the past few races Sato's caused the DNFs (Did Not Finish) of a few drivers. Most notably Michael Schumacher (a few GPs ago) and Jarno Trulli last Suzuka. I don't know what's up with Sato but he rear-ended Schumi and ended his race. And at Suzuka he smashed the side pod of Trulli's Toyota. Now I've never been a Sato fan. And I still think he's an idiot. So... Never mind. I've got nothing to say in defense of him. I think he sucks as a driver. I think Ralf is better. Hell, I think Alex Yoong is better than Sato. But they both suck anyway. So there.

Sato has been driving like he's in a demolition derby the past few races. Maybe as an outlet to his rage? He doesn't have a drive anymore next year, after all. So maybe he'll take out a few other drivers. After all when he rear-ended Schumi the latter did slap his helmet. And so, without further ado, I present to you my new nickname for Takuma Sato. Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you Japan's own answer to the Jacque Attack...

The Sato Strike.

* * * * *

Anyway I've played the new NBA Live 06. GM mode seems nice so far. I just can't win with the Lakers. I've traded for Shaun Livingston. Kwame Brown's becoming a presence and still I get losing seasons. Sigh.

As for the gameplay? It sucks. Guys looking for a very realistic game will be disappointed to find out that scoring is easy here, even with the sliders set low. Sadly. Plus with the superstar gimmick you tend to rely on one player only. I guess even in the NBA that's true. Specially with the Lakers. I still haven't finished a game in NBA Live 06. After the first quarter the score's around 40 each so I just quit. I want a realistic game.

Plus collisions suck. Sometimes when my player gets too close to a teammate he gets dragged by that teammate. Sigh. Simulate it is. No more playing.

So right now I'm not playing anything on my PS2. Gran Turismo's on hold since I'm still sorta addicted to GM mode of NBA Live. I just wish I would win. I've built a great team. Ah well.

* * * * *

Last Saturday I went to work to attend a meeting. In one of those amazing spur-of-the-moment things I decided to pack my Metal Gear series gashopons and take them home. So now my shelf is sorta bare. Well, not really. My Guyvers are still here. And so are the Star Wars I got from Jollibee. Plus the Ford GT is still here.

I might even add a Stingray here or another Ford GT. Or two GTs. Who knows?

* * * * *

Too much rambling already. Can't get a coherent thought in my brain. Oh well. It's almost 9am anyway. Gotta work now.

Out.

1 comment:

  1. I've tried using the Kings and Nets on Dynasty mode (Superstar setting), ok naman. Love the new Playmaker moves!

    Can't wait for NFS Most Wanted though... Ü

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking time out to leave a comment on my blog. :)