Wednesday, July 31, 2024

[1085] OnePlus Nord CE 3 Lite 5G

This OnePlus Nord CE 3 Lite 5G is probably the last OnePlus phone I will buy and own. Let me explain why.

While this is probably their mid range phone I'm not really that ecstatic about it. Yes it does the job, but I do find it a bit slow. I got it for around PhP14k or so, and to be honest I could probably have gotten a way faster phone for a few thousand pesos more.

Times have changed and my budget and priorities for a mobile phone will limit me to mid range phones. OnePlus isn't it. I'm seriously considering getting whatever latest Poco X(n) Pro model is current when I do decide to change. Actually the Poco X5/6 Pro was the biggest competitor of the Nord when I was looking to upgrade.

The reason why I didn't get the Poco was because the stupid Shopee app wouldn't let me pick "cash on delivery" for the payment method, and sadly Poco doesn't have any physical stores in Metro Manila. It may be under Xiaomi as a brand but the Mi stores don't sell it.

OnePlus' motto used to be "Never Settle" and I think I will follow through on that by choosing a better brand and bang for the buck phone the next time I change phones.

Out.