Tuesday, July 23, 2024

[1084] Rainy Day Exercises

Now that it's the wet/rainy season here in the Philippines I know there will be days when I won't be able to go on my morning walks. Fortunately I have come up with alternatives to do in the house when it is raining.

My HIIT/Tabata session is the main thing. I'll do 4 sets of alternating cardio and 20 lbs kettlebell exercises and it lasts for around 20 minutes. My goal doing this is to change up my morning walks, as well as do some light lifting and core exercises. Truth be told I try to do this at least once a week, and have recently started doing less reps in twenty seconds but making sure each rep I do with a kettlebell has better quality movements.

Another alternative that I tried earlier today is riding my bike on my indoor trainer. It's not a fancy indoor trainer that I can connect to those online bike apps. It does get the job done though. Sadly I find this a bit boring, and was pleasantly surprised with my 16-minute workout earlier. That's one of the longest I've done on the trainer that I rarely use. I prefer riding my bike outside, I guess. Plus this also depends if my folks are at home, since I don't want to wake them up with the noise from the trainer if they are here from the province.

I'll probably consider doing HIIT/Tabata exercises that are all cardio instead of sprinkling in some kettlebell workouts. These will probably be my main replacement for my morning walk / jog when it is raining.

I'm trying to be consistent with my exercising. I'm trying to target doing at least three to four exercises a week, with one of those involving the earlier mentioned HIIT session. I still prefer doing walks, and the occasional jog.

Out.