Sunday, July 07, 2024

[1080] Shopping

While I do see the uses of those online shopping apps that are famous locally, I still prefer doing most of my shopping in person.

Shopee and Lazada do offer interesting bargains, but it is at your own risk. Even if you just buy from Laz Mall or Shopee Mall it does not guarantee you will get a good product. It has happened to me where I bought a mic from a Shopee Mall seller and got a crappy webcam. The reasons why I never tried to get a refund were because a) it was really cheap and b) it wasn't worth the hassle.

Actually it was that incident that swayed me to just going to the mall with a list of stuff I need. I will still buy some things from the online sellers, specifically bike parts.

Clothes? Size is risky, specially if it isn't one of the big name brands. I'll buy shirts and underwear from Fruit of the Loom or Burlington, but if the seller is a relative unknown I've had hits and misses. Some sizes are still too small, they can't be serious with "Asian Size" and I still can't fit in a XXXXL?

So that's it. The first time I got my Shopee app and account was to buy components for my bike build. After that I rarely use it. I still buy my coffee beans from this one seller I found that gives great bang for the buck, and it's still cheaper than what is sold in retail.

Out.