Sunday, July 30, 2023

[1007] Bike Frames

My daydreaming recently has gotten me curious about cyclocross frames. Anyway I was checking google for the differences between CX and gravel frames (again) and I came across this article from Ribble Bikes. Basically the gravel frame is more relaxed while the CX frame is more stretched out and aggressive is what I got.

Considering I've only recently started riding my bike again, and only in ten or so minute sessions on the trainer, it's pretty obvious I'm just bored and browsing bikes yet again, and my dream bike changes specs yet again. Now I'm curious about using a CX frame for my bike.

It's a happy coincidence that Ribble has a CGR (cross-gravel-road) bike available in their website. Even better, they sell framesets only. And it's way cheaper (without shipping and handling) versus either of Ritchey Logic's Swiss Cross frameset and Outback frameset. Not that I can afford any of them but at least there's a cheaper frameset out there.

Components are still going to be 1x mechanical groupsets, as I always blog. I don't think I'll choose the less common (ie China brands) components so this means it will be either SRAM or Shimano. I've blogged about this so much I'm starting to sound like a broken record.

Out.