Saturday, July 08, 2023

[1002] Materialistic Birthday Wish List

Time for a shallow moment. Let's make a materialistic birthday wish list, because I need a filler blog post and because it's also been my tradition to wish for things way beyond my financial means.

  • Flat mount custom built gravel bike. I have a blog about it. I keep going back between Shimano and SRAM groupsets. Up to now I'm not sure but I just realized I can go with either groupset because Shimano has a 40T chainring with 11-42T cassette, while SRAM has a 40T chainring with 10-42T cassette.
  • A brand new car. If we're being realistic, I'll be choosing between the Suzuki S-Presso AGS or the 2023/2024 Toyota Wigo E. If we're going with an unlimited budget I'd still pick something semi-practical, like any CVT variant of the the Honda HR-V or the 1.0 Turbo CVT Toyota Raize.
  • A condo unit in Makati or BGC with at least two parking slots. Minimum one-bedroom, max of two-bedroom. This would move us closer to my wife and daughter's respective schools, which would hopefully save us on gas and toll fees. Moving to either place also makes us closer to malls and groceries so hopefully we can just walk anytime we want. Traffic really is a bitch here, specially with the "camote" motorists.
  • Garmin Fenix 7 Pro. I don't even know the specs but I do know this model is way over whatever budget I used to have when I was planning on buying a Garmin smart watch.
Actually the only ones I really want in the wish list above are the car and condo unit. Those are the two things I doubt I could be able to save up for.

Out.