Sunday, August 27, 2006

Points of Randomness

Here we go, blogging from home. On a PC filled with all sorts of viruses (virii? - joke) and hardware problems. But the PC is running so we push on...

* * *

I recently purchased a copy of the new game "Shinobido" and as of now I hate the game. Some reasons include...

  1. No block button. Yes no block button. I think you have to lock on to the opponent and face him directly to block his attacks.
  2. No switch lock-on button. You can't switch target locks unless you relase the lock button and lock on to a new target (I miss GTA: San Andreas' targeting system - simple and effective).
  3. Difficulty. Do I really suck in games today or are they really just that damn hard? I'm playing the game at normal difficulty and I still can't survive. Dammit.
Still, I'll try playing the game a few more times. Might get the hang of it. But it is one damn annoying game.

* * *

My ninong (godfather) passed away last Friday. That brings the total of dead maternal relatives in a span of a year to 4. Last November it began with my uncle, the priest. Then around May it was my other uncle (although he was more of an uncle-in-law). June saw the passing of my grandmother. And now this August my ninong passes away.

What's up with that, God? Got a vendetta against us or something?

* * *

I'm modeling a stylized humanoid head based on Cyborg 009. I love that cartoon and since I had to eventually learn how to model humanoid shapes why not start now? If I get to finish the head then I can move on to other humanoids. Hopefully the realistic kind.

But I have big plans for what I am doing. Finish the head, add a body. Rig the model. Test out a bone based facial animation rig.

If only I had the time.

* * *

Canon's supposedly coming out with a 400D next year. Or is it our already? Anyway this means that existing camera models will hopefully decrease in price.

This also means that if I buy an existing model for a cheaper price that model will be one step closer to being "obsolete".

Because the philosophy I have regarding electronics is to buy one of the top of the line models now, so that in a few years time that same model will still be "standard" in the world. Why buy a mid-range model now who will become obsolete in a shorter span of time?

That's how I buy computer parts. Buy the best now so that in 4 years time it will still be able to run new programs. Rather than buying the mid-level products now and in 1 year you won't be able to run sh*t on your machine.

I think that would be cheaper on the long run.

* * *

Speaking of run, I'm planning (as always, just planning) to start walking after work. Exercise walking, since our office is conveniently located at The Fort I've got lots of streets to walk on. The good thing is one of my officemates had the idea and I'm just going along for the ride. I think he plans to jog. I plan to just walk. Briskly. We'll see what happens.

* * *

And I guess that's it for today. Not really in any mood to write about just one theme, and not angsty enough for one of those rants. Just updating and practicing my writing skills. What little there is, of course. Haha.

Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking time out to leave a comment on my blog. :)