Saturday, August 12, 2006

Frankenstein

Some of you have probably read about this PC I built from scratch and old parts from my previous PC, I once called it LordVader but now is called DarthVader.

Well ever since I built him he's been nothing but a headache. My mistakes?

  • Wiring. First build, no cleanliness. Wiring is sloppy, which probably causes this ground to happen to the motherboard (mobo) which renders my PC useless unless I open it up and start tugging and pushing at some parts.
  • The mobo's wrong. Of course, being a newbie at building PCs I just bought whatever mobo was available. Big mistake. For one thing, the mobo I got was for small casings. I've got a big-ass tower casing, which can handle around 6 PCI slots. My mobo has 4 PCI slots.
  • Cannibalism. I got some old parts from my old PC, like the 2 hard drives, power supply, and the video card. Which is probably another reason why this PC has lotsa glitches.
  • Inexperience. So I built this PC with the help of my father. We just followed the manuals on how to build this, plus we read some PC magazines I bought that had "How to build your own PC" articles. None of the articles ever mentioned cannibalising old PCs.
  • I'm the anti-tech. That's what Lau calls me. Because I seem to cause a lot of problems to go on with tech things. Or maybe its just because I'm a do-it-yourself person, which I shouldn't be.
Anyway I'm just ranting away at home (yes, blogger works at home not like at work) while I'm chatting with a special someone using YM. Because I almost did not get a chance to chat with her thanks to DarthVader being bitchy all of a sudden. I don't get it, One day he's working fine, then fine again, and I don't do nothing to change anything about the PC. Then when I REALLY need to use him... BOOM!

Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking time out to leave a comment on my blog. :)